Friday, May 3, 2013

Recycling Old Cards

Today I would like to share a card with you that uses a recycled element. I don't know about you but I hate throwing greeting cards away, even the (gasp!) store-bought kind. Compound that with a mother in law that loves sending multiple cards for every holiday and happy occasion and it results in a huge basket with a few years worth of Hallmark greetings. About a year ago, I started combing through the older ones and cutting out cute sayings, embellishments, and cute characters (like Mickey Mouse, Snoopy, etc) and saving them in a zip-loc bag for use on my cards. However, that's where they sat. Until Today! Anyone for Anya has a great challenge right now - Recycled!  This was just the perfect opportunity for me to reach into my stash and find something fun.

The card I made using Miss Anya Lounge. I love, love the Miss Anyas! They are so stinking cute! I'm not sure if this set is retired or not but I couldn't find it on The Greeting Farm's website - really glad I already have it.

The recycled element is the Happy Birthday sentiment. I took it from a fun Snoopy card where he is riding a motorcycle. Don't worry, I also cut Snoopy out and plan to use him someday on another card. The rest of that card went into the recycling bin. :)

For Miss Anya, I wanted to play with my new blue copics - B32, B34, B28, and B37. I had to add some sparkle to her headband, her eyeshadow, and her number on the jersey - used the copic spica glitter pen.

Enjoy!


The sentiment comes from the TGF Anya Lifts stamp set. Circles were cut using the Sizzix Framelits.


I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:


2 comments:

  1. Wonderful card! Great colours:) Thank you for playing at Anyone for Anya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great way of recycling those "store bought" cards! Thanks for sharing at Anyone for Anya!

    Mei
    Anyone for Anya DT
    Love to Create DT
    Creative Card Crew DT
    Crazy Challenge DT

    ReplyDelete