Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Labeling Distress Ink Pads

I have a quick SHOW AND TELL for you today on how I label my Distress Ink stamp pads. This ink is so great but I find that the pads work best when the stamp pad is stored upside down. This keeps all the inky goodness at the top of the pad. Tim Holtz Distress Ink pads are also super easy to stack; however, this leaves the small problem of not being able to tell what colors are in each stack. The sides of the Distress Ink pads are black. This is how I solved the issue:


Step 1: Using my Stampin' Up Word Window Punch, I punched out the word windows from an Avery label sheet (so the back side is already sticky). What worked best for me was pulling the label off the sheet first and then placing it in my punch. Trying to get the label backing off of the already-punched word window was not possible or extremely frustrating in the best situation.


Step 2: Place sticky word window on index finger (or any finger of choice depending on mood).  ;)


Step 3: Rub color onto the word window (note: you will get inky but that's part of the fun right?!).


Step 4: Place word window on the side of the Distress Ink pad (see how perfectly it fits!)


Step 5: Enjoy your crafty wonderfulness!

No comments:

Post a Comment